The sourcing coordinator is assisting the design & production teams by developing all fabrics and trims with suppliers for both Brands Orage & Peppermint Cycling.He (she) must also communicate and follow with suppliers all standards related to quality insurance and quality control for fabrics and trims.
- The Sourcing coordinator is in charge of research and development of materials – raw and secondary - as well as trims for the Orage & Peppermint brands.
- Provide research and monitoring of development of primary and secondary fabrics + trims as needed. (communication, request for yardage / sample, price negotiation with suppliers) All in accordance with the schedule.
- Maintain fabrics/trims summary and fabrics/trims charts
- Monitor fabric and trim tests.
- Ensure the communication of Fabrics / Trims with Makers.
- Coordinate all processes related to lab dips.
- Complete the technical files at the level of the fabrics (Primary and Secondary).
- Coordinate swatch cards including follow-up with suppliers.
- Coordinate the “care and Content Labels”
- Ensure the development of Hang-Tags and packaging (submissions, creation of references, development monitoring, testing and approval).
- Participate in the development of the catalog: description of the fabrics, proof corrections etc…
- Provide product development support during peak periods.
required specific qualifications
- You have a diploma in fashion design or textile.
- 2 to 5 years experience in similar position.
- You are bilingual French and English spoken and written.
- You are efficient and able to manage more than one file at the time with good sense of priorities.
- You are well organized and have great ability to manage stress
- Methodical and organized, capable of rigor and discipline in the management of his files
- Team spirit.
- flexible scheduling, dependent on needs and peak moments throughout the year
- Competitive salary. Great working environment.
Under the supervision of the Creative Director, create designs for the ORAGE and PEPPERMINT collections, for each of the related categories, while considering the vision of the 2 brands. Develop ideas that will position ORAGE and PEPPERMINT as innovative in their products. Seduce and surprise at the styling level by considering the design language of ORAGE and PEPPERMINT.
- Analyze market trends in terms of styles, colors, shapes and materials.
- Collaborate in the Jam Session by staying on top of market trends and bringing innovative ideas.
- Collaborate in the development of concepts and themes for seasonal color palettes and new prints.
- In collaboration with the Creative Director, propose different design options for each of the assigned styles, respecting the product brief and design language.
- Must ensure that the files of the styles assigned to him are complete: front / back / interior / labels and trims.
- In collaboration with the creative director, must produce a fabric brief for each of the materials to be researched.
- Attend the fitting and give feedback from the first sample: responsible for the look and feel.
- Attend different events; trade shows, trend shows.
- Respect the design schedule in relation to the global development schedule.
- Assist marketing in the assigned category; catalog, merchandising kit.
- In collaboration with the creative director, responsible for the visual presentation of the collection during all sales meetings: product presentation, fashion shows.
REQUIRED SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS
- DEC or university diploma in fashion design.
- 3 years experience in a similar position, preferably in the outdoor/skiing/bicycle industry.
- Proficiency in Illustrator/ Photoshop.
- Methodical and organized, quick to execute
- Ability to identify trends in the fashion market
- Ability to manage stress
- Ability to work well in a team
- Respect for deadlines